Local Rate :
Office Line :
Company Registered in England Company No: 4413063 VAT No: GB792 3466 02783766377
0845 257 5433
Follow our social media pages for news and updates from Nu-
Find out all you need to know about ESG Surgery.
An endoscopic non-
Endoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy (ESG)
Your personal privacy is safe. Privacy Statement
Am I suitable for the procedure?
At the time of your consultation Mr. Irukulla will assess your eligibility for the procedure; however following criteria can be used as rough guidance.
• Your BMI is 32-
• You have already tried to lose weight through diet and lifestyle changes but been unsuccessful in maintaining weight loss
• You do not wish to have a more invasive procedure such as the traditional sleeve gastrectomy
• If you are keen on having procedure similar to gastric band but not interested in maintenance problems associated with gastric band
• You are willing to adhere to both surgical and dietetic follow up and adhere to instructions.
Some answers to questions we are often asked.
Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty falls under the umbrella of endoscopic – non-
How long do I need to stay in the hospital?
ESG can be performed as a day case; however your surgeon will tell you whether you need to stay overnight.
Will I experience pain?
Yes, you will experience mild to moderate abdominal pain after the procedure from the gas used to inflate the stomach. The pain is expected to recede few hours after the procedure. You will be sent home with soluble pain relief medication.
How long will I be followed up?
You will be followed up for one year by the bariatric dietician and two years by Mr.Irukulla
Do I need vitamin supplements?
You will need to take supplements in the first few months after the procedure.
How much weight will I lose?
Following any weight loss procedure, the weight loss is determined by diet, life style change, close monitoring. Your surgeon will advise you at the time of initial consultation on expected weight loss
Who cannot have ESG?
ESG is not for everyone. It may not be a suitable operation when more malabsorptive procedures are recommended. It is also not suitable in patients with large hiatus hernia, previous major abdominal surgery and bleeding problems.
When does ESG not work?
It is crucial that you work with your dietician and adhere to instructions, to achieve maximum benefit from ESG, in order to change your diet and life style.
We’re here to help with any questions you have about any of the procedures we offer.
To find out more about Nu-
• Call us on 01483 724833
• Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fill out our general enquiry form
• Make a consultation enquiry
Local Rate 0845 257 5433 Office Line 01483 724833
New Life… New You… Nu-